Develop, coordinate and maintain all ProEnergy safety training, audit and compliance activities, ensuring that all safety and health policies are administered corporate-wide and meet or exceed all regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct scheduled and unannounced on-site safety audits at ProEnergy facilities, as well as safety inspections at major off-site projects.
- Present or provide safety training required by federal, state or local law and customer requirements that include OSHA-specific and ProEnergy determined training.
- Recommend administrative/engineering controls for safety compliance.
- Complete job scope and light duty responsibilities and employee concerns as related to safety and worker’s compensation regulations.
- Conduct and assist in accident investigations.
- Implement safety and health policies corporate wide by maintaining a proactive approach to accident prevention through training/advising the ProEnergy team.
- Provide consultation to EPC and Field Safety Personnel.
- Track and update the EHS training matrix/DOT training log and coordinate upcoming training needs with Supervisors to ensure training compliance.
- Maintain EHS Manual and Maintain EHS Intranet Page by updating all training materials and updating new and revised EHS policies in order to provide complete program access.
- Generate various EHS performance reports and track any corrective actions, as needed.
- Support Quality Department on as-needed bases to include: vendor audits, internal audits, review of calibration compliance, ISO External and Internal audit support.
- Manage/Minimize/Track workers compensations cost and communicate with Workers’ Comp Insurance Adjusters, Nurse Case Managers, Doctors and employees concerning Workers’ Comp Claims.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, occupational health or related field and 3+ years’ experience in industrial safety or equivalent combination of education, experience and certification.
- Keep up with all the latest requirements, evaluate and update policies and training.
- Technical competence including understanding software, hardware, networks, etc.
- Must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office Suite programs.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of general office equipment and skilled at typing at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Knowledge of communication principles and practices.
- Knowledge of principles of business letter writing and report preparation.
- Knowledge of correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic business arithmetic.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with the public and co-workers to communicate effectively.
- Ability to respectfully respond to requests and inquiries from the general public in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems in a logical and effective manner.
- Ability to perform research, compile and analyze data, and write clear, concise and accurate reports on complex subjects.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple job assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, communicate, reach and manipulate objects.
- The position requires mobility.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Usual office working conditions: noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel will be required.
VP EH&S QA&QC
** This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will basis.”