Searching for a Safety Director for the minerals processing industry in TX. A competitive base salary, plus incentive bonus & other excellent company benefits will be offered, plus relocation assistance.
What you will be doing
Directing the safety & training for twelve sites located in a 5-state area.
Background & Experience
- At least 10 yrs. experience in a safety management role in heavy industry with manufacturing.
- Experience in minerals manufacturing preferred with knowledge of equipment generally used.
- Willing to travel 10-25%, including Safety events, seminars, emergency plant inspections, safety accident reviews, etc.
- MSHA & OSHA experience. (This experience must be heavily weighted with MSHA background both surface & underground needed). Some OSHA experience will also be good.
- Working understanding of Workers’ Comp, Auto & General Liability claim reporting & following up for multiple states.
- Willing and able to work through a plant setting w/employees to not only help facilitate training but to visit a plant and have the skills to assess, inspect, recognize and offer recommendations to improve or prevent safety concerns.
- Looking for an individual who is able not only to facilitate the day-to-day maintenance of and planning of safety, but who can also build a common corp of safety value structure in our company.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable teaching & presenting safety at all levels of the organization, from hourly plant employees to managers & staff on up to CEO & board of directors.
Interested candidates should send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out a candidate profile, to be provided.